Monday, November 22, 2010

Congratulations, Craig and Amanda!

My brother (Craig) and his wife (Amanda) had their first little baby on Wednesday! Little Jazlynne wasn't scheduled to arrive until late January, but Amanda developed Toxemia and the doctors had to do an emergency c-section. Amanda had just gone to her 30-week OBGYN appointment when the toxemia was diagnosed.

Little Jazlynne was born in the Logan Regional Hospital and was then immediately taken by helicopter to Ogden, where the facilities are better equipped for such small babies. Jazlynne weighed only 2 lbs. 5 oz. when she was born, but she has done amazingly well and her weight is already 2 lbs. 6 oz. It is truly miraculous to me the way that modern medical equipment can keep such small babies alive! Jazlynne is a fighter and the doctors say that she will be just fine. She just has to keep growing.

I love her so much! She is truly a precious little miracle sent from above! I can hardly wait to see her in person.

Congratulations Craig and Amanda!







3 comments:

Lacey said...

What a sweet, tiny little thing! Congrats to your brother and his wife. Modern medicine truly is a miraculous thing, and I'm so glad they had everything they needed to help this little girl get here safely. :)

Naomi and Family said...

Oh, what a sweety! I am so thankful they were able to save them both!! What a beautiful miracle! Congratulations Aunt Andrea! And Congratulations to your brother and his wife! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

what a tiny little foot! Craig looks like such a proud Daddy :) I hope that she continues to grow well. I was 1 lb. 15 oz. at birth & I am so glad I got the chance to live!! And be able to raise kids too. I don't miss having a blog, but I miss checking in on others :)