Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Shocked

Well...

I'm pregnant.

Are you shocked? I was. Still am.

But I am EXTREMELY excited!

It's not that we weren't trying to get pregnant. We were. In fact, we have never used birth control. And even without birth control, it took us 4 months to get pregnant with Lizzie. I didn't get pregnant with Bryce until Lizzie was 16 months old.

And now? I had ONE menstrual cycle after having Bryce. Just one.

I took a pregnancy test at 36 days past my last cycle. It came back negative. I was positive that something was wrong with me. I wasn't producing enough progesterone. Or something. A week later. Still no period.

Jon was at work. I took another test and it came back positive. I was shocked. I threw the kids in the car and we drove to Wal-Mart to buy another test. The second test was positive.

I jumped up and down and leaped for joy. I told Lizzie that baby Bryce was going to be a big brother pretty soon. She responded by saying that she wanted a sister, not another brother.

Jon came home for dinner. I didn't tell him anything. He left for his Elder's Quorum Meeting.

After the kids went to bed, I wrapped up the pregnancy test and put a ribbon around it. When Jon came home, I gave it to him and told him that it was an early birthday present.

He opened it up and was just as shocked and excited as I was.

So, here I go. Again.

I can hardly wait!

And I feel so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so incredibly blessed beyond my wildest dreams.

Oh yeah. We are due in May.


8 comments:

Erin Davis said...

Yeah! Congrats! :)

Esther said...

Hurray! I am so happy for you! I hope that everything goes perfect for you!!

Becka and Ty said...

I am so excited fo you guys! WE are due a month apart!! We are visiting in October I hope we get to see you guys!

La Vita Bella said...

Congrats again! And wow, I can't believe you don't normally use birth control, that must be nice for you to not have to worry/deal with. That's so cute the way you told Jon. Do you want a boy or girl? Or do you not care? I hope your pregnancy goes well. :)

Naomi and Family said...

YAY!!!!!!! If you need anything, you know who to call! Don't EVER hesitate! I know how bad sickness can get so if it comes, please let me help you! Or even if you are just tired!

Lacey said...

You are so cute, bursting over with excitement! :) Super big congrats!!! You are such a great mom, and your kids are going to love having a new baby around to play with. Yay yay yay!

The Morreys said...

How exciting! What happy news!

Raegan said...

That's awesome Andrea! You two have cute babies! I am really beginning to admire people with more than two kids. I can barely keep my head above water with the two I've got! I hope your pregnancy is a blissful one!