Saturday, September 4, 2010

Bryce's Party

For the record, on Wednesday, Jon and I celebrated our anniversary by going to Valencia. We played a few games of miniature golf. I won the first game, he won the second game. When I totaled all of the points, he beat me by a measly 3 points. Bummer. I'll get him next time! After mini-golfing, we went out to eat at The Elephant Bar, and then spent nearly an hour browsing around Borders. We didn't buy anything, but we both just thoroughly enjoyed looking at all of the books that we wish that we could own. :) It was an awesome Anniversary!

Anyway...

Here are some pictures of Bryce opening up his presents from us on the morning of his birthday:









We didn't give Bryce his Birthday cake until Saturday. We invited family over and we ate pizza and salad. After our "nutritious" dinner, we gave Bryce his even more nutritious chocolate cake and let him have at it. I was originally planning on making strawberry shortcake because it seemed a tad bit healthier and I was still sick of icing from Lizzie's birthday cake. But I realized that strawberry shortcake wouldn't be as messy as a chocolate cake, so I changed my mind. :)

Here is Bryce's individual cake that I made him:


Everyone else ate cupcakes:


And here are the cake pictures!!


















He got messy, but not as messy as I was hoping. I thought that it would have been really cool if he would have rolled around in his cake, but it didn't happen. :)

Since I have been so horrible lately with taking pictures, I failed to take pictures of anyone else at the party. I just feel like I'm busy doing more important things that taking pictures and grabbing the camera doesn't usually cross my mind. I regret it. Oh well. I did, however, manage to get a picture of Lizzie eating her cupcake. She had her own little chocolate beard too!



Anyway, it was a fun night! And I am officially DONE with eating frosting for a while. Well, until Jon's birthday in October. But he usually wants whip cream on his cake rather than frosting anyway, so I think that I'm safe there.

Happy First Birthday Brycie-Boy!!

2 comments:

Becka and Ty said...

you have gorgeous kids! How are you guys? I miss you all! we are having baby #3 in April thats the news with us crazy huh i hope you are doing well we love you and love seeing your happy family

Naomi and Family said...

How cute! I still can't believe it's been a year! He is so adorable! I love how he stuck his feet on his cake!!