Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Surprise Birthday Party

My birthday was on Father's Day this year. I was really excited because that meant that I got to split the attention with my husband. :) I really don't like being the center of attention much. Well, apparently Jon had other plans in mind. We had been planning a temple trip for a while and we were finally able to go on Friday, June 18th. His Mom and sister came over to watch the kids while we went. After we did a session (which was WONDERFUL), we braved the traffic and headed straight home. Which was strange to me because Jon ALWAYS wants to go out to eat after going to the temple. Especially on Friday afternoons when we are bound to be stuck in weekend traffic.

Anyway, I was getting pretty hungry on the drive home and I asked Jon if he wouldn't mind making a quesadilla for me after we put the kids to bed. (He makes the BEST quesadilla's). He was very enthusiastic about my choice for dinner and I honestly couldn't wait to get home and put the kids to bed so that we could eat! When we got to our house, I noticed that Jon's Dad's truck was on the street in front of our house. I didn't think anything of it, however, because I thought that he just stopped by to visit Lizzie.

As soon as we parked, I rushed out of the car and practically ran to the front door because I really wanted to see my kids. When I opened the door, my brother-in-law (Justin) was standing right in front of me with his huge camera. I quickly looked past him and noticed a bunch of balloons. Then everyone yelled "Surprise!"...and I was so embarrassed that I walked right back out the door and tried to hide. :) Jon was right behind me, however, and he made me go back in the house.

It was all okay in the end. :) Sandy (Jon's Mom) made chicken cordon blue, mushrooms, spinach salad, and mashed potatoes. And my sister, Tara, made the BEST chocolate peanut butter cake ever. I really had a great time and am so appreciative of everyone for coming. I was also spoiled to death with gifts. Jon gave me a bunch of cake-decorating supplies (yeah...I want to try to get better at it), Tara gave me a glass cake dish, Darlene and Justin gave me a Willow Tree statue to add to my collection, Jon's Dad gave me a beautiful Snow White figurine (it reminds me of Lizzie), and Jon's Mom gave me another Willow Tree statue and a really nice picture frame. Talk about being a spoiled 28-year-old! Wow...did I really write TWENTY EIGHT? I am getting so old. I'm going to be THIRTY in 2 years. That just scares me!

Anyway, here are some pictures that Justin took at the party...



























Thanks for making my birthday wonderful everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Andrea, you deserve it!! :)

Naomi and Family said...

Yay!! That's so cool!! You TOTALLY deserved every beautiful moment! You looked so happy! Love you Andrea! Happy belated birthday!!