Saturday, May 29, 2010

Picture Regurgitation

The past week was great! Especially due to the fact that Friday was the last day of High School! Jon would typically get the entire summer off of work, however, we were extra blessed this year. He gets to attend some trainings next week, and then he gets to teach summer school until the beginning of July. Extra money is always welcome! Especially when teachers here only get payed 11 months out of the year. Even with teaching summer school, he still gets almost an entire month off of work. What an awesome job!

Jon is really excited because he just found out that along with teaching Algebra 2 next year, he will get to teach Physics, and AP Physics. His first AP class! He is really excited for the challenge! I am so proud of him.

We have a family tradition of going out for breakfast the Saturday after the last day of school. We have always gone to IHOP in the past, but this year we decided to try Home Town Buffet. It was only $4.99 per adult and $.99 for Lizzie. Fairly inexpensive.

Here are some pictures:







We bought the Chunk-Man a walker. We borrowed one from my sister when Lizzie was learning how to walk and we figured that Bryce will need one of his own pretty soon. Well, hopefully. I'm a little worried about him. I told myself that I wasn't going to worry about him as much as I did with Lizzie, and I was succeeding until about a few weeks ago. I was so worried that Lizzie was never going to learn how to crawl! She didn't start crawling until she was about 10 months old. But she obviously progressed just fine and now she runs all over the place. Bryce is almost 9 months old and he still isn't crawling. I'm trying to convince myself that he will be just fine and that he'll start crawling when he's ready. But I can't help but worry that I am doing something wrong. He is a big baby and I think that his size might be impeding his progress. I keep thinking that maybe I'm feeding him too much. I'm not really sure what to do. I suppose that he'll be just fine and that he'll crawl when he's ready. Sometimes this motherly guilt just about drives me insane!

Anyway, here is the walker that we bought him. He loves it! He is seriously the happiest baby that I have ever seen. His entire face just bursts with joy! I love this little guy so much.







Grandma Over found this princess dress for $6.00! Lizzie absolutely loves it, of course. I love my little Lou-Lou so much.






Lizzie has been really into making towers recently. I love watching her determination to build the tower taller and her frustration when it collapses on her. I have actually been kind of surprised at how tall she can build some of her towers!





Lizzie's imagination has also gone wild lately. A daily occurrence in our house is sitting down to a meal consisting of a variety of balls. She invites all of her animals to her "dinner". Lorax, Minnie, Ducky, and her two Baby Dolls are her regular guests.


Oh, and Pinocchio too.


It's hilarious, really. Every ball has a specific cup that it is supposed to sit in. (And she miraculously remembers from day to day which cup belongs with what ball). Every ball represents a different type of food (cupcakes and ice cream are the most popular types of food). What a character!


Speaking of food, Bryce is finally starting to like a variety of different foods. He LOVES avocados! As well as strawberries, bananas, cheese, bread, and yogurt. Just to name a few.


He just finished eating some avocado in these pictures and his face was really green. The pictures don't do his messy face justice! :)






Lizzie saw me taking pictures of Bryce and she wanted me to take her picture too. Funny girl.



Lizzie took a rare nap the other day. I just had to document that it actually happened. It was wonderful! :)



Well, until next time?

2 comments:

Esther said...

It is so funny to read your blog because I can tell that our kids are the same age! Brooke is into all of the same things Lizzie is! I'm updating our blog right now, and there are a lot of the exact same stories. How fun!

Anonymous said...

what a fun post :) I love all of the pictures, I remember when Lizzie didn't smile at all, she has a beautiful smile & smiles all the time for the camera now!