Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Month of June

The past month has just flown by and I can't believe that it's almost July 1st! I always regret it when I let too much time pass between posts. It usually means that I have a million pictures to upload. Which is a good thing for my parents - they love seeing pictures of the grand kids!

The month of June has treated us very well. I had goal at the beginning of the month to wean Bryce...and I did it! After getting over the guilt of weaning him sooner than I had anticipated, I can't help but admit that life has gotten MUCH easier! As soon as I quit nursing him, he started sleeping through the night. (The same thing happened with Lizzie.) Aside from getting more shut-eye, it is much easier giving him a bottle when he wants to eat rather than stopping whatever I'm doing to sit down and nurse him. Plus, I can go places WITHOUT him. It's kind of nice. Not that I have taken advantage of that fact at all, but it's nice to know that it's a possibility. :)

I think that I weaned him a little too abruptly though. I thought that I was doing it gradually, but I guess that I wasn't. When I decided to completely stop feeding him from me, my chest KILLED. Holy Cow - I couldn't think of anything but the pain. I don't usually take medication, but I had to resort to taking some Ibuprofen! I hope that this isn't too much information, but my chest was so hard for a few days that I swear I could have ran into a brick wall and shattered it to pieces. But the pain eventually went away. :) I was completely shocked (and a little sad) at how small my chest got after all of the milk dried up. One of the perks of pregnancy and nursing (a larger bust size) has finally come to an end. I can't feel too badly though...I'm still bigger than both of my sisters ! :)

Anyway, enough of that.

Here are some pictures of the past month:


We bought this huge white bucket from Wal-Mart. Lizzie and Bryce love to play inside of it!









These two are becoming such great buddies. I love it!





We watched "The Adams Family" the other day and Jon was imitating Fester (when he was trying to impress a girl by sticking carrots in his mouth like fangs). Lizzie tried to do it too -- crazy little Lou.



Jon's parents kept pretty much all of the toys that Jon played with while growing up. Every once in a while, Jon takes some of his old toys to our house and gives them to Lizzie. This is a container of random small figures (like dinosaurs). Lizzie loves to play with "Daddy's toys". :)






Random pictures of Brycie-Boy:


Already studying the mission discussions. :)









Mikey and Lizzie painted with pudding the other day. They were supposed to finger paint, but neither of them would get their hands dirty. :)



We took a day trip to Santa Monica Beach. It was the perfect beach weather. Overcast and not too hot. We didn't actually go swimming (the water was FREEZING!). But Lizzie, Alyssa, and I walked along the shore line and got our feet wet. :) After eating lunch and playing in the sand, I put Lizzie in the bike trailer and I took her on a bike ride. I could ride along the coast forever. It's so relaxing!

Here are some pictures...












While the girls were having fun, Daddy and Bryce took a nap. :)








2 comments:

La Vita Bella said...

From your last post, that's great you got a surprise party, what an awesome husband you have. :) So, you're getting into cake decorating? I have too a little, with preparing to make Anna's cake this week. I made some homemade fondant and it was really easy. I haven't covered a cake with it yet, but will by the party. We should have a cake decorating party or something. :)
I'm glad weaning went well. I was worried with Anna too, but it wasn't a big deal for her. I know what you mean when your chest shrinks, no fun. And really not fair when you think about it. Anyways, your kids are adorable, as usual. :)

Naomi and Family said...

Oh man, I know what you mean about that pain! There is no sting like that sting!! Glad it went away! You are too funny, I just love you! Looks like you weaned Bryce just in time! Those cute little teeth are coming in! Your kids are so fun and so cute! I think you guys are awesome! I love that picture of Bryce kissing Lizzy!