Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Magical Kingdom

Jon's parents have Disneyland season passes and they have taken Lizzie alone with them a couple of times this year (she can go in free until her 3rd birthday). Yesterday, I decided to fork out some money (Jon's Mom paid for half of my ticket -- THANK YOU) and we all made the trip to the magical kingdom. "We all" meaning Jon's Mom (Sandy), Lizzie, Bryce, my sister (Alyssa), and myself. Aside from the fact that it took us 2.5 hours to get there (the traffic was HORRIBLE on the way down and I was driving about 15 miles/hour for an entire hour), we had a blast! The weather was PERFECT. The sky was overcast and I was a little afraid that it would start raining, but it didn't. We didn't even have to apply sunscreen!

Lizzie insisted on wearing her Snow White dress, of course. So I allowed her to in hopes of possibly meeting the "real" Snow White and taking a cute picture of the pair. Unfortunately, we never caught a glimpse of Snow White all day. But Lizzie sure thought it was neat that everyone new her name. Little kids all over the park would yell, "Hi, Snow White!". And Lizzie would smile back and wave. She felt pretty famous for a day, I'm sure.

Here are some pics:

(Notice my "blonde" hair. It's not as bad as I originally thought. But it's going to look awfully funny when it starts growing out!)





(I had to throw in this gross one. She's such a stinker sometimes!)


We were all quite surprised when Lizzie posed for this cute picture with Mickey! I thought for sure that she would be absolutely terrified. But she gave him a big hug and even kissed his nose. It was so cute!



Bryce did amazingly well the entire day. He didn't even get a nap! I nursed him a few times (one of the times on the "Small World" ride -- very convenient!), but he didn't spend enough time in his stroller to actually sleep. Needless to say, he was completely tuckered out by the time we took the tram back to our van.


They both were.


I love Disneland! It's impossible to see everything in one day though. We are discussing the possiblility of giving ourselves Disneyland season passes for Christmas this year. I hope that it works out...because that place is the happiest place on Earth! Well, besides the temple, of course. :)

4 comments:

Becka and Ty said...

Yay!! We love Disney Land and are sooo Jealous It looks like you all had a blast! I love your hair by the way!!! It looks very pretty!

Amy and Micheal said...

We went last year for the first time and we loved it! They keep asking me when we are going back again. I wish it was as easy as hopping in the car and going. I'm glad you were able to go and Lizzie looks so cute in her dress. And I think your hair looks gorgeous!

The Morreys said...

I don't see anything wrong with your hair. I think it looks very natural.

It is Ethan's dream to go to Disneyland, but I don't know if I want to take him for a few more years. I haven't been since I was 12, and Kyle hasn't ever been. Someday . . .

Lindsey Dunn said...

He is getting so big! Gosh I haven't seen you since he was like a couple weeks old. Time flies!